– 1 lb ground beef
– 1 packet taco seasoning
– 1 medium onion
– 1 large tomato
– 1 can sliced black olives, drained
– 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
– 1 (8 oz) package Mexican shredded cheese
– 2 avocados
– 1 package taco salad shells
– Ranch dressing, or other desired salad dressing
– In large skillet combine ground beef and taco seasoning and simmer until beef is browned and cooked through, draining off any fat.
– Chop onion and tomato and set aside. Peel, pit and chop avocado.
– Assemble salad as follows: fill each taco shell with shredded lettuce. Top with ground beef and layer onion, tomato, avocado and olives. Drizzle with desired dressing and top with ½ c. shredded cheese.